- Residents in four South Carolina counties will have Cigna health plan options on the individual marketplace for the 2023 Open Enrollment Period
- Plan features include virtual primary care through MDLIVE, $0 benefit options, and cost-effective prescription drugs
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., Oct. 19, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Cigna (NYSE: CI) health plans are available on the individual marketplace for South Carolina residents in four counties this year, giving more people and communities access to affordable, predictable, and simple health care coverage in 2023. During the Open Enrollment Period (OEP), which begins Nov. 1, residents in Berkeley, Charleston, Dorchester, and Horry counties can purchase Cigna health insurance.
"We are proud to offer residents and families in South Carolina options for affordable, predictable, and simple health care coverage," said Lisa Lough, president of Cigna's Individual and Family Plan business. "In addition to comprehensive, whole-person health care coverage, and options for $0 deductibles and $0 copays, Cigna's strong provider network and expansive virtual care offerings provides people choices for where and how they receive their care."
Key Features for Cigna Customers in South Carolina
- 24/7 access to virtual primary care: Members will have access to MDLIVE's primary care physician network for routine visits via video at any time. Additionally, MDLIVE's network includes access to virtual dermatology and virtual behavioral health. Members also benefit from access to $0 virtual urgent-acute care and $0 virtual wellness screenings through MDLIVE.*
- $0 benefits: Select plans offer a $0 deductible or $0 copays on various benefits. All plans offer $0 preventive care.
- First-dollar coverage for outpatient lab exams: Members on select plans will have a predictable copay for outpatient labs exams, regardless of whether they have met their deductible.
- Cost-effective prescription drugs: Plans feature copays ranging from $0-$25 for preferred generics and access to Cigna's Patient Assurance Program,** which caps insulin costs at $25 for a 30-day supply.
- Walgreens Advantage pharmacy network: Members can receive 30-day and 90-day retail prescriptions through the Walgreens Advantage Network, a network of 43,000 independent pharmacies anchored by Walgreens.
- Incentives for healthy behaviors: Customers 18 and older can earn up to $325 in points that can be redeemed for a debit card or merchandise through the Cigna Take Control Rewards® program.***
Cigna's 2023 plans will also include digital tools, including the myCigna® website and mobile app, which provide comprehensive and personalized support to help members save money, identify high-quality care providers and facilities, and access their ID card digitally.
The Open Enrollment Period Begins Nov. 1
Individuals and families interested in enrolling in a health plan on the individual marketplace may do so during the 2023 Open Enrollment Period. Health plans purchased during the enrollment period and by Dec. 15, 2022, are effective Jan. 1, 2023. Health plans purchased on or after Dec. 16, 2022 through Jan. 15, 2023, are effective Feb. 1, 2023.
*Cigna plans in South Carolina provide access to dedicated virtual care through a national telehealth provider, MDLIVE, located on myCigna. Providers are solely responsible for any treatment provided to their patients. Video chat may not be available in all areas or with all providers. This service is separate from a health plan's network and may not be available in all areas. $0 virtual care benefit for minor acute medical care not available for all plans. Health Savings Accounts and non-minor acute medical care may require a copay, coinsurance or deductible. Virtual care does not guarantee that a prescription will be written. Refer to plan documents for complete description of virtual care services and costs, including other telehealth/telemedicine benefits.
** Discounts available with the Cigna Patient Assurance Program. $25 is the maximum out-of-pocket cost for a 30-day supply of covered, eligible insulin. Discounts available with the Cigna Patient Assurance Program. $25 is the maximum out-of-pocket cost for a 30-day supply.
*** The Cigna Take Control Rewards® Program is available in all states to all primary subscribers that are active Cigna medical Individual and Family Plan policy holders and who are 18 years of age or older. All rewards may be considered taxable income. Contact your personal tax advisor for details. Program participation along with redeeming rewards is dependent on qualifying premiums being current and fully paid.
Cigna Corporation is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being, and peace of mind of those we serve. Cigna delivers choice, predictability, affordability, and access to quality care through integrated capabilities and connected, personalized solutions that advance whole person health. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Evernorth companies or their affiliates, and Express Scripts companies or their affiliates. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products.
Cigna maintains sales capability in over 30 countries and jurisdictions and has more than 190 million customer relationships around the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.