BLOOMFIELD, Conn., Aug. 26, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Global health services leader Cigna (NYSE: CI) is expanding its offerings to customers who access health coverage through the Affordable Care Act marketplace. During the upcoming Open Enrollment Period, Cigna plans will be available to Marketplace customers in three new states – Georgia, Mississippi and Pennsylvania – as well as in additional counties in Arizona, Florida and Virginia.
"Cigna remains intently focused on providing access to high-quality, cost-effective and stable health care coverage individuals and families need and deserve," said Matt Manders, president of Cigna's Government and Solutions segment. "We are meeting customers where they are and closing critical coverage gaps. We look forward to introducing new solutions and services on the individual exchanges in 2022 and beyond."
With this expansion, pending final regulatory approvals, Cigna will offer individual and family plans on the individual exchanges in 313 counties spanning 13 states including Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kansas, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Utah and Virginia. These new markets have the potential to reach approximately 1.5 million additional customers.
Key features that Cigna IFP customers will enjoy include:
- Easy access to affordable care: $0 virtual wellness screenings with board-certified MDLIVE doctors via video, a convenient alternative to an in-person annual exam.*
- Condition-specific coverage: Personalized guidance and $0 cost share on condition-specific benefits to address chronic conditions such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and diabetes.**
- Cost-effective medications: Affordable copays ranging from $0-$3 for preferred generics and access to Cigna's Patient Assurance Program,*** which caps insulin costs at $25 per month for a 30-day supply.
- Additional benefits: Coverage for holistic services including acupuncture in select counties.
Cigna's 2022 plans will also include digital tools including additional services through MDLIVE, along with the myCigna® mobile app and Cigna One Guide®, which provide proactive and personalized support on questions regarding plans, ways to save money and identifying high quality care providers.
"Cigna's offerings are designed to support whole-person health and create superior outcomes throughout our customers' health care journeys," said Lisa Lough, president of Cigna's Individual and Family Plans business. "There is a societal need for affordable, predictable and simple health care, especially among individuals and families without access to employer coverage or government programs. Our IFP growth in 2022 will enable Cigna to help more individuals and families access the care they need."
Individuals and families interested in enrolling in a health plan on the national individual exchange may do so during the 2022 Open Enrollment Period (OEP) that begins Nov. 1, 2021. The Open Enrollment close date varies by state. Health plans purchased by Dec. 15, 2021 during OEP are effective Jan. 1, 2022.
For more details about Cigna health plans for individuals and families, click here.
* Cigna provides access to dedicated virtual care through a national telehealth provider, MDLIVE located on myCigna, as part of your health plan. Providers are solely responsible for any treatment provided to their patients. Video chat may not be available in all areas or with all providers. This service is separate from your health plan's network and may not be available in all areas. $0 virtual care benefit for minor acute medical care not available for all plans. HSA plans and non-minor acute medical care may apply a copay, coinsurance or deductible. Virtual care does not guarantee that a prescription will be written. Refer to plan documents for complete description of virtual care services and costs, including other telehealth/telemedicine benefits. For IL customers a primary care provider referral may be required for specialist virtual visits.
**Refer to plan documents for a complete description and list of equipment, supplies and tests that are covered at $0 through the condition specific plans.
***Discounts available with the Cigna Patient Assurance Program. $25 is the maximum out-of-pocket cost for a 30-day supply.
Cigna Corporation is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Cigna delivers choice, predictability, affordability and access to quality care through integrated capabilities and connected, personalized solutions that advance whole person health. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Evernorth companies or their affiliates, and Express Scripts companies or their affiliates. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Cigna maintains sales capability in over 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has more than 190 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
1 (860) 840-1212