- Cigna Newsroom
- Cigna Media Contacts
- News Releases
- Serving the Community
- Cigna in the News
- Health Care Reform
- About Cigna
- Knowledge Center
Health and Wellness: Health Coaching
The Cigna Health Advisor program matches individuals with personal health coaches – nurses, nutritionists, behavioral health professionals, or certified health educators - who help people reach their health goals through:
• referrals to specialized programs
• treatment decision support
• Cigna Health Advisor coaches help people evaluate treatment options and help them make informed decisions regarding cost, quality and healthy behaviors.
Coaches help individuals adopt achievable strategies that lead to behavior change, lifelong healthy eating, and improved exercise habits. Individuals receive one-on-one coaching support specifically targeted to the severity of their conditions as determined by body mass index (BMI), other health conditions, and confidence levels. Coaches are available days and nights, weekdays and weekends. Spanish-speaking coaches are also available.
• Includes individualized telephonic coaching, access to over-the-counter nicotine replacement therapy, personalized support materials, and access to optional telephone support groups.
• Also available as a web-based program.
The Strength and ResilienceSM Stress Management Program provides a personalized, flexible and motivational approach to help participants become aware of stress and how it affects them on and off the job. Participants work with a coach to develop customized stress management plans, monitor ongoing progress, and receive personal telephone and/or web-based support.
The Healthy Steps to Weight LossSM program offers lifestyle behavioral modification coaching focused on helping people lose weight, lower their health risk factors, and improve their overall health.
Preventive health care is extremely important to staying healthy, which is why people should use all of the preventive health services available through their health plan. Tips for preventive care.